Q: What Foods Should I Eat to Help My Hair Grow and Stay Healthy This Winter?December 3rd, 2014
Seasons change and so does our hair. Eat these foods for Healthy, Happy, Heavenly Hair!
1. Dark greens – We love the leafy vegetables, and so does your hair. Fruits and veggies are one of the best things you can add into your diet for overall great health. This includes the health of your hair. Leafy green vegetables, think spinach and broccoli, yum, are an excellent source of vitamins and they provide you with iron and calcium.
2. Fruits – Fruits that are high in vitamin C and A are super power for your hair. They help your body to produce sebum. (Sebum is an oily substance in your hair follicles that acts as a natural conditioner.) Strawberries, oranges and grapefruits are the best vitamin booster fruits for hair.â€¨ Imagine that, eating strawberries for shinny hair.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids – Foods with omega-3 fatty acids are a jammed packed powerhouses, when it comes to giving your entire body a good glow. Our favorite, flaxseeds and walnuts, super yum. To add some serious super shine to your hair, choose fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines, and herring to amp up your omega intake as well.
4. Nuts – Your hair will go nutty over nuts. Think of the hearty big nuts, like the Brazil nuts, which are one of the best sources of selenium. These Nuts have minerals that keep your scalp and hair healthy. Walnuts, cashews, pecans, and almonds are great for your layers as well. Munch on these for an afternoon snack, and watch your hair go nutty.
5. Whole grains – Get a daily dose of zinc and iron with hearty whole grain. Whole wheat bread is healthy; also fortified cereals can give your body B vitamins, which will promote happy strands by boosting your red blood cell count.
6. Low fat dairy – Calcium is an important mineral for hair growth and it is in low fat dairy products. Chose something like skim milk and yogurt. Kick your calcium and vitamin C levels up a notch by mixing fresh cut strawberries into a cup of Greek yogurt.â€¨ Your hair will shine. Calcium is also good for your bones.
3S Celebrity Blogger:
By Shannon Kaiser, Designer, Writer Play with the World
Like these tips? Sign up for Healing Lifestyles Daily Tips!