A: It’s happened before, you get your hair colored and a few days later it doesn’t look the same. If this sounds all too familiar, heed this advice.
- Use professional salon products. Using a professional shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair will help tremendously. Salon products have a lower PH level so they won’t strip the color out of your hair.
- Be free.Sulfate and paraben free shampoo and conditioners like UNITE, Keratin or KEVIN.MURPHY will help support the longevity of your hair color.
- Condition. Leave your conditioner in for at least 3-5 minutes. Using a leave-in conditioner will also assist in making your color last. Some awesome recommended leave-in conditioners are UNITE 7Seconds Leave-In conditioner, KEVIN.MURPHY Staying.Alive, Leave-In Luxury and Leave-In Protection.
- Skip a wash. Wash your hair less frequently and take advantage of a dry shampoo like KEVIN.MURPHY Fresh.Hair and UNITE 7Seconds Dry Shampoo.
- Be cool. Always use cooler water when you wash your hair (hot water fades color).
- Use protection.Remember to use thermal protectors before drying, ironing or curling your hair. Some great ones are UNITE 7Seconds, Nioxin Bliss, GHD Thermal Protector and KEVIN.MURPHY’s Defense, Damage and Full-On.Protection styling aids.
3S Celebrity Bloggers:
Sarah S. – Elk River Stylist
Katie F. – Elk River Stylist
Jennifer F. – Anoka Stylist
Ann Z. – Anoka Stylist
Susie K. – Anoka Stylist
Tina H. – Plymouth Stylist
Jacci H. – Plymouth Stylist
Susan W. – Texture Educator & Plymouth Stylist