You’re tired of starting the day with brilliant curls only to realize just hours later that your style has become limp and lifeless. Bounce back by following these quick tips:
First of all…
When you shampoo and condition your hair, use the appropriate shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. If you have fine hair, for example, our Texture Educator recommends using UNITE Volumizing shampoo and conditioner. She also recommends using UNITE Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for dry hair. For dry hair you should also use UNITE 7 Second Condition leave-in conditioner because the more moisture in the hair, the more elasticity it will have. Also, parabin weighs hair down and UNITE products are both sulfate and parabin free!
When your hair is wet…
1) Mist a thermal protecting spray all over.
2) Use a curl enhancing styling product. Try mixing UNITE ‘Boing’ Curling Cream and UNITE Blow & Set Lotion. The two products combined activate curl in the hair and give hold to set the hair when diffused. Blow & Set Lotion is very light and will not weigh the hair down like some heavier gels do.
3) At this point you have two options.
- You’re in a hurry: Diffuse your hair using a diffuser attachment to your hair dryer
- You’ve got some time: Set your hair with rollers
4) Hairspray, hairspray, hairspray.
5) To help your curl last longer, do not brush your comb your curls. Instead, use a large pick or simply finger pick through your hair.
When your hair is dry…
Revive yesterday’s curly style using your curling iron or GHD styling iron. Use a styling spray for curling dry hair to enhance the hold (try GHD Sea Spray). Finish with hairspray, as always.
-Susan Perry, Texture Educator & Plymouth Stylist
-Kelley S., Anoka Stylist
-Jennifer F., Anoka Stylist