Are you experiencing fatigue, hot flashes or night sweats? Are you stressed, have lack of energy, or having difficulty concentrating? Most women will experience these and other symptoms as they enter into menopause.
Enter Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT).
These are hormones that are identical in molecular structure to the hormones women make in their bodies. They’re not found in this form in nature, but are synthesized from a plant chemical extracted from yams and soy. The use of them is often referred to as natural hormone therapy.
Though there is much research published on BHRT, there are a few misconceptions.
- Estrogen drops significantly after menopause.
- Estrogen decline is responsible for hot flashes and post menopausal symptoms
- Birth Control Pills and hormone replacement mimic our natural hormones.
- Oral Pharmaceutical estrogens can significantly contribute to thrombosis, stroke and breast cancer.
- Lack of balance between estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone leads to hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms.
- Birth Control Pills and Hormone Replacements are much more potent than our natural hormones and suppress our natural production.
In addition to menopausal hormone imbalance, stress induced hormone imbalance is also very common. When we’re under stress, our adrenal glands produce cortisol. Cortisol is the stress hormone. When cortisol is high, it blocks your estrogen, so you end up getting less estrogen into your cells. This may produce the same symptoms of menopausal hormone imbalance.
Did you know…
- Stress is linked to almost all causes of death.
- Stress breaks down DNA.
- Stress causes thyroid and adrenal dysfunction, changes our nutritional status, and causes changes in sleep.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may be right for you.
Call Harrington +Associates today to schedule your consultation today.
Dr. Jennifer Harrington is a board certified plastic surgeon and is proud to partner and provide medical direction at Simonson’s Salon and Spa.