The short and not-so-sweet answer is: your hair feels dry because it is dry. Heat styling tools can be your enemy and your best friend. They’ll allow you to achieve the hair styles you love, but over time heat styling can deplete moisture and protein from hair. Luckily, we have the knowledge, products and tools to help your styling tools become more like your best friend than anything else.
First of all, it’s crucial that you are using the best styling iron. Now you’re thinking, “Well, what does ‘best’ mean?” Perhaps you’ve been told you’ve got the best. The best styling iron allows you to achieve straight, curly, or wavy styles with the perfect amount of heat (and no higher) administered by ceramic plates. Your next thought is, “Where do I find such a fabulous item?” Simonson’s offers GHD styling irons known to do all of this and more. You’ll think it’s magic, but we’re fairly certain it’s simply genius.
Next, make sure you’re using shampoo, conditioner and products that offer the thermal protection and conditioning your hair needs to combat the heat.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner with thermal protection
- UNITE Moisturizing
- Graham Webb shampoos and conditioners
- Use a leave-in conditioner on your hair when it’s still damp after you’ve washed it
- UNITE 7seconds Condition (which also offers thermal protection)
- LOGICS Leave-in Conditioning Protector
- Use a thermal protecting spray before you blow dry and before you heat style each section of dry hair
- GHD Thermal Spray
- UNITE Lazer Straight Cream
- Styling Tip: There is no need to re-flat iron your whole head after you’ve done it once – do only the sections that need it. Basically, don’t be harder on your hair than you have to be!
- Once per week, treat your hair to a deep conditioning treatment at home or at Simonson’s
- UNITE SOFTA Treatment provides moisture to replenish dry, damaged hair
- UNITE STRONGA Treatment provides protein to strengthen hair while replenishing moisture
- LOGICS Color Vitalizing Treatment Masque
-Susie K., Anoka Stylist & Service Manager
-Amanda A., Anoka Stylist
-Kelley S., Anoka Stylist
-Kaci M., Anoka Stylist