Growing your business has never been easier than this! Ditch being alone in a new salon or being unsure of where to turn – instead, experience our hands-in training program that builds your skills and community throughout the Associate program! Still in school? Unlicensed students can get hands on and with our Style Tech position. Find out which position is the right fit below!
WHAT IS AN ASSOCIATE?
An Associate is a licensed Stylist who participates in a hands-in, paid training program and mentorship. You’ll work alongside an experienced Stylist Director who is dedicated to you learning, refining and advancing your skills as a part of our Simonson’s team. The Associate position is perfect for a licensed stylist who is:
- Fresh out of school or newly licensed
- Experienced but have taken a break from the industry
- Experienced looking to transition away from specialization (cut-only, color-only, etc.) to “big picture” service offerings
- Not licensed? Join our team as a Guest Services Representative until you’re licensed!
HOW THE ASSOCIATE PROGRAM WORK?
Associates are NOT assistants, but instead work ALONGSIDE an experienced stylist for one-on-one mentoring. Your Stylist Director will assess your skills and customize your support to build on your strengths, enhancing what you know and coaching you on how to succeed in our industry. Set up a time to tour one of our three locations by sending us an inquiry today!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- This completely self-paced program evolves around you. Move as quickly or as comfortably as you learn and refine your skills.
- Consists of four modules, each taking roughly 4+ weeks, based on your learning style.
- ‘Hands-in’ experience builds a refined approach to foil placement, hair cutting, color formulation, consultation skills, making service and product recommendations, growing your business and more!
- Private one-on-one coaching and mentorship sessions with personalized access to our in-house Educators, Coaches, Leadership Team and your Stylist Directors!
- Opportunity Shifts allow you to build your own clientele while working through the program.
- Opportunity to perform nail services on Simonson’s guests throughout the Associate program to maximize your earning potential.
THE ASSOCIATES ARSENAL
One of the perks of being an Associate at Simonson’s is all the tools and knowledge you receive. Here is what you get:
- Success kit including virtual and in-salon education package (national and regional expert trainers/artists), a Summit Planner, product knowledge & service protocols, social media success guidelines, a Redken color guide, business cards, and more – upwards of $15,300 VALUE!
- Exclusive access to our Brand Partner’s education classes, including advanced training with education tuition reimbursement options!
- Enjoy employment appreciation events, earned paid time off, giveaways, health insurance, 401K, exclusive product & service discounts and many more benefits!
- Confidence & guidance from your coworkers – ensuring you’re ALWAYS a part of our team!
INTRODUCING: THE STYLE TECH
If you just can’t wait to start your beauty career, join our team as a Style Tech! Learn how to wash, rinse, and style our clients the Simonson’s way. This position is designed for beauty school students looking to perfect their blowout skills, before they even graduate. This position is for you if:
- You are currently enrolled in a MN cosmetology school
- Have NOT received your license
- Are willing to take the required health & safety course*
- Are looking to get hands-in experience
- Want to be part of a collaborative, supportive team
- Have a passion or desire to perfect blowout and washing skills
Schedule a tour to see if this role is the right fit for you!
*More information available with inquiry.