Growing your business has never been easier than this! Ditch being alone in a new salon or being unsure of where to turn – instead, experience our hands-on training program!
WHAT IS AN ASSOCIATE?
This hands-on, paid training program is like a mentorship. You’ll be paired and work alongside an experienced stylist learning, refining and advancing your education and business goals as a part of our Simonson’s team. An Associate position is perfect for licensed stylists who are:
- Fresh out of school or newly licensed
- Experienced but have taken a break from the industry
- Experienced looking to transition away from specialization (cut-only, color-only, etc.) to “big picture” service offerings
- Not licensed? Join our team as a Guest Services Representative until you’re licensed!
HOW THE ASSOCIATE PROGRAM WORK?
Associates are paired with senior or master-level Stylist Directors for a hands-on training program. The Associates are NOT assistants, but instead work ALONGSIDE the experienced stylist for one-on-one mentoring. Your Stylist Director will assess your skills and customize your training to build on your strengths, enhancing what you know and coaching you on how to succeed in our industry!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- This completely self-paced program evolves around you!
- Consists of four modules, each taking roughly 6-10 weeks, based on your skills
- Hands-on experience refining foil placement, hair cutting, color formulation, conversational skills, retail sales, growing your business and more!
- This is a performance-based level system, with raises throughout the program
- Opportunity shifts where you begin to build your own clientele while showing off your personal creativity and passion
- Private one-on-one coaching & mentorship sessions on retail goals, level increases, priority booking, goal setting and more
- Personalized access to our in-house Educators, Coaches, Leadership Team and your Stylist Directors knowledge!
- Exclusive access to our Brand Partner’s advanced education classes through Simonson’s
THE ASSOCIATES ARSENAL
One of the perks of being an Associate at Simonson’s is all the tools and knowledge you receive. Here is what you get:
- Pairing with an experienced stylist who matches your learning style
- Success kit including virtual and in-salon education package (national and regional expert trainers/artists), ERGO brushes, a Summit Planner, product knowledge, service protocols, social media success guidelines, a Redken color guide, business cards, and more – upwards of $15,300 VALUE!
- Advanced Training classes with education tuition reimbursement options!
- Confidence & guidance from your coworkers – ensuring you’re ALWAYS a part of our team!
- Enjoy monthly employment appreciation events, earned paid time off, giveaways, health insurance, exclusive product & service discounts and many more benefits!
- Increased chance of frequent level increases upon graduation from Associate program
- Paid training with retail bonuses
- Opportunity to perform nail or makeup services throughout the Associate program
PROGRAM COMPLETION and WHAT’S NEXT?
During the program, your Stylist Director and you will work together to meet & exceed goals. Some examples of goals to meet include:
- Identifying a product brand and its benefits
- Observations on coloring scenarios & processes completed by Stylist Director
- Dimensional hair color techniques & practices
- Guest-handling solutions
- Hair styling & finishing breakdowns
- Identifying & building your career goals
Your performance will be evaluated by your Stylist Director and our Education & Sales Director. Based off your performance, level increases will be applied that include pay raises! Upon completion of the program, you’ll be offered a permanent position at Simonson’s as a New Talent!